Friday, April 2, 2010

my values

MY top values


Below is a list of my top values.  This list has evolved over time, and something I review regularly.  When making decisions, I can measure it against my values.  If I find I am not acting in the way I believe, then often it has to do with some old hurt and/or fear.  Awareness helps, yet healing takes time.  Knowing what I believe, helps me create my own measure for my life.  Without it, I can get caught up in what others want.  Most people have a general idea of what they want, and clarity may come through the trials in life.  Some of my addictive behaviors did seem to match with my values, and that was partly what drew me in.  Humor, intellect and connection, was something I was looking for with the men I chatted with.  Unfortunately, this brought more heartache and less of what I was seeking over time. 
1. To connect with my God, and allow the Spirit to work in me, to respect spirituality (or lack of) in myself and others

2. To have a healthy and intimate relationships with my husband and children

3. Be a good example, live what I speak

4. Live a life of integrity and honesty

5. Having fun and enjoying life

6. Making a difference in the world

7. Having deep relationships with others

8. Love and grace

9. Being fit and healthy

10. To feel deep emotions and take in each moment

11. Self respect

12. Learning and growing

13. Being able to say I am sorry

14. Humor and laughter



Honesty

No comments:

Post a Comment